Saturday, August 14, 2010

The day I met Roger Federer!!!

At the outset, it is important to note that I have been following Roger Federer's career since 2004. When I was a kid running around trying to bump into tennis players. Not like that has changed much but this is back in the day when Roger was a rising star in the ATP Rankings.

The first time I saw him play was at the Dubai Tennis Championships. I have gone there as a child and seen many great players but this time everything was different, I was mesmerised by his technique and game. I have followed his career ever since and for anyone who knows me intimately, you would know this!

Right now, he is in Toronto for the Rogers Cup. He played some amazing games against Michael Llodra and Thomas Berdych. I was there to watch the Michael Llodra match at the sponsors' booth since the company I work for is a sponsor of Roger Federer and the Rogers Cup. He came to meet my team after his match. It was the defining moment of my 6 year obsession.

It made my day! I was even able to give him a red envelope with a fan letter!

It was awesome! He is a gentleman, he stood with all of us and took photos and signed whatever we asked him to. He made us all laugh.

I wish him all the best in this tournaments and the ones up ahead. He has played very well since the beginning of this tournament and here's wishing he wins the Rogers Cup, after all it has his name on it!

2 comments:

  1. this is so cool! you are very lucky! my dream is to meet Roger someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what was he like? (personality)

    ReplyDelete