Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Trumpeter Swans

I was amazed to read about Trumpeter Swans, it seems they are monogamous for their entire lives...what a lovely thought!

I am not going to go down the rabbit hole talking about the mating habits of Homo sapiens. But I think it is an amazing metaphor for loyalty.

I read recently how a consumer didn't like the fact that advertisements talked of having a meaningful relationship with his deodorant. I agree and disagree with him. We only have eyes for our pet brand, just like we seek the company of people we know and like. They say brand loyalty forms at a young age, but I feel as though brand recognition comes at an early age, evidenced by my nephew only liking the golden 'M' of McDonald's. Brand loyalty comes at the time when we consume consciously, especially since we spend our hard earned money, how ever hard or easy it was to get. With the amount of choices in today's marketplace, finding a brand to fit your lifestyle is as elusive as that perfect human relationship.

I am very happy with the relationships I have with my family, friends and brands. I cant consume as much as I'd like to but the intention is the most powerful drive, and as marketeer I seek to make these connections, so I understand how rare it is to find it. I found my Trumpeter Swan, have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment